Friday, May 1, 2009

Music Sucks

I’d like to start right off the bat by admitting that I have no musical talent whatsoever. Despite the fact that I’ve been playing musical instruments since I was 10 and I was a founding member of the greatest band to ever leave SLHS (“The Mildreds”), I write music and songs with the proficiency of Miley Cyrus.

By my own admission I can’t write for shit. Just look at the abomination I wrote yesterday. But I can rip stuff off.

Here, for the first time ever, I’m going to write a song that I’ve Frankensteined together from other songs. But not just other songs: other shittier songs. Will this score be greater than the sum of its parts? Or am I just collecting shit-animals to put on my shit-ark? I don’t know I haven’t “written” it yet.

"Yo VIP let's kick it
Ice ice baby (x2)
All right stop collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
In the name of the witch
I cut the head off a mule I gutted it out
Put it on and then I wore it to school
That ain't the only thing I wore
I wore a clip and some rounds
A fuckin killa with this mule head
And I'm clippin' em down
I'm falling
Every way I turn the same disease
But I like it
Brace myself and hit the wall with ease
Colliding I'm not minding the pain
I've been down here before
All my bones and joints are sore
Find my way out of the wreck again
I've been down here before
Lost myself and so much more
Find my way out of the game again
Open up my head and take it in
And I cant help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer
It's driven me before, it seems to have a vague
Haunting mass appeal
It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken
for handing you a heart worth breaking
and I've been wrong, i've been down,
to the bottom of every bottle
these five words in my head
scream "are we having fun yet?"
No no no
You don't love me and I know now
No no no
You don't love me so let me go now
(I can't let you go, can't let you go)
If you ask me, baby
I shoulda left you along time ago, no
He was a sk8er boi
She said see you later boy
He wasn't good enough for herS
he had a pretty face
But her head was up in space
She need to come back down to earth
Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you go on.
Far across the distanceand spaces between us
You have come to show you go on.
Near,Far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on"

I’d like to thank Vanilla Ice, Insane Clown Posse, Finger Eleven, Incubus, Nickelback, Rihanna, Avril Lavigne and Celine Dion for being such huge assholes and shitting up the music world. Without you this abomination would not have been possible.

No comments: