Friday, February 20, 2009

Death Row Confessions – Virginia Edition

Name: Cory Johnson
Jurisdiction: Richmond (federal conviction)
Crime: murder
Date Entered: 7-2-97
“You know, when I first got in here knowing what would happen, I tried finding some sort of peace inside, you know? I tried religion. I tried yoga. I tried chess. Nothing. All I do now is find gumps. I’m gump crazy. Been like that for years. I ain’t gay or nothing but that’s how I spend my time. I got a reputation around here now. My momma don’t know, and I don’t want her knowing. I think it’d break her heart. I’m not going to stop doing it, but, whatever. Fuck it.”

Name: Percy Walton
Jurisdiction: Danville
Crime: murder 3x, robbery
Date Entered: 10-31-97
“I’d do it again”

Name: Daryl Atkins
Jurisdiction: York co.
Crime: grand negligence ($500,000 unpaid parking fines)
Date Entered: 4-28-98
“This is fucking bullshit! Fucking fuck shit fuck hell ass cock fuck shit!!!”

Name: Brandon Hedrick
Jurisdiction: Appomattox
Crime: murder, rape, robbery
Date Entered: 7-22-98
“I did rape and kill that girl, but the body the found in the river to convict me was not Lisa’s; it was a victim of one of my buddies Richard Tipton. When I bust out of here I’m gonna bust your nose, Dick! Haha. We play this game a lot.”

Name: Darrick Walker
Jurisdiction: Henrico
Crime: murder, multiple homicides
Date Entered: 10-21-98
“You wanna know where Saddam hid those weapons of mass destruction?” I nod my head. [* Walker unzips his fly*]

Name: “Swastika” Pete Burns
Jurisdiction: Norfolk
Crime: murder (hate crime)
Date Entered: 5-8-99
“Honestly, I don’t hate blacks anymore. Really! I got to know a few in here and, I can say from the bottom of my heart that they are some swell, swell, guys. Super nice. I don’t have a mean thing to say about them. Now on the other hand, the Jews…”

Name: John Allen Mohammed
Jurisdiction: Prince William County
Crime: capitol murder; acts of terrorism and homicide
Date Entered: 3-9-04
“I never did anything. It was all Lee Malvo. He, he did all the shootings. It was all his idea. I just drove the car. He told me we were going to Arby’s. I’d say , ‘Hey, Lee. When are we going to Arby’s?’ and he’d say the same thing. You know what he’d say? He’d say, ‘Just a minute.’ Just a minute! Can you believe that? ‘Just a minute’ *blamo*! ‘Just a minute’ *sha-bang*! I didn’t want any of them white folks to die, I just wanted some Arbys’.”

No comments: